Hey guys! Welcome back to another post! I am hoping you are enjoying the festive spirit. Today, we are going to be discussing about Multani Mitti. We all know Multani Mitti is has been around for generations. Our mothers, grandmothers, and also great grandmothers have used this miraculous powder. It really is something that can be mixed with any ingredient and can give you amazing results for your skin and hair. We are going to be talking about a few Multani Mitti benefits and also tips and tricks on how you can customize it to suit your preference.
1. Multani Mitti has the ability to fight acne and pimples. While growing up, I suffered a lot with pesky acne bumps and ingrown whiteheads. While a few facemasks did work temporarily, Multani Mitti has been a life savior for me when it comes to long-term health for my skin.
2. Multani Mitti has the ability to heal sunburns and help with suntan. For someone like me who never used to wear sunscreen, Multani Mitti has been a really good way to remove any unnecessary suntan and heal my sunburns because it has a naturally cooling effect. While I am not saying you shouldn’t wear sunscreen, but on the days when you would have forgotten to (which we all do), Multani Mitti can come to the rescue for you!
3. Multani Mitti removes excess sebum and oil and also helps with dryness. For someone who has very oily skin, Multani Mitti is an amazing facemask to remove the excess sebum and oil production in your skin. But it doesn’t only stop there, Multani Mitti is also very nourishing for dry skin. It all comes down to what you use with the powder (more on that below)
4. Multani Mitti is very effective for dry and itchy scalp. Multani Mitti is a natural exfoliant and it helps really well in removing dry patches and also dandruff from the scalp, leaving your scalp and hair gorgeous (and I mean, who doesn’t want that right).
5. Multani Mitti helps in reducing dark spots and brighten your skin. With excessive sun exposure, our skin can sometimes develop dark spots. Multani Mitti helps with those dark spots and helps you brighten your skin as well as make it GLOW!
TIPS AND TRICKS TO CUSTOMIZE MULTANI MITTI:
Customization is the biggest factor when it comes to Multani Mitti. Basically, you can make a facemask with any ingredient you want with Multani Mitti. Here are a few customization tips to help you out:
1. Multani Mitti with Rosewater:
This one is a classic. Rosewater is something we all use till to date. Rosewater has so many good benefits like soothing skin irritation, sunburn, reduces redness, naturally cooling, helps hydrate and revitalize the skin, helps fight acne and so much more. Rosewater paired with Multani Mitti is a dream combo.
2. Multani Mitti with Toner & Rosewater / Face Serum:
Imagine getting the benefits of your favorite toner and face serum in a face mask. Isn’t that just a dream come true? I use the Iba Halal Care Advanced Activs Crystal Clear Aloe Vera Serum Toner and Garnier Skin Naturals Fresh Mix Booster Mask which I use as a face serum (check out https://simswaythroughlife.in/2020/11/08/the-minimalistic-skincare-routine-i-swear-by-with-product-recommendations/ for more information about that). The toner gives me a clear and refreshed look and the face serum (aka facemask) gives me hydrated skin. I use a few drops of rose water to make the mixture more paste-like.
3. Multani Mitti with Apple Cider Vinegar:
Apple Cider Vinegar has a lot of benefits like drawing out any impurities in your skin, reducing pimples and sebum productions, and also mildly exfoliating your skin. Apple Cider Vinegar paired with Multani Mitti is an amazing combination for oily skin. however, I would not recommend anyone with dry skin to use this mixture as it can Apple Cider Vinegar is known for drying out the skin.
4. Multani Mitti with a Face mist:
When you pair Multani Mitti with a face mist you know gives you good results, it can change your skin. For me, I use the Vaadi Herbals Aloe Vera & Cucumber Mist. This face mist gives me a really good glow while also soothing my skin deeply. I mix some of this with Multani Mitti and use it on my skin to give me the hydration and soothing effect I need.
5. Multani Mitti with Water:
Last but not the least, using Multani Mitti with plain water. Yes, this method is a little cliché, but honestly, when Multani Mitti has so many good benefits on its own, you wouldn’t want to use it with anything else. From treating sunburns to anti-aging properties, Multani Mitti works for all.
That’s it for today guys, I hope you learnt more about Multani Mitti. Leave a comment down below to tell me how you use your Multani Mitti. Please like and follow my blog for more content coming soon. Until then, adios, I hope this festive season brings you joy and serenity and stay safe!